Tuesday, December 21, 2010

happy new year with bells and whistles

Over on the bells and whistles challenge blog this week the theme is new years and a bells and whistles image. I was really struggling with this theme cause i only have a few bells and whistles images and none of them said happy new year to me.  Then i though well what about a january birthday type card with cupcake.  Then i though okay what papers do i have that scream new years.   I dug thru my stash and found these papers from dcwv linen closet.  I used a sketch from split coast stampers it is sc311 and my sentiment is from studio g.  I hope i have inspired you to try this challenge out with your own bells and whistles images.  Cupcake is colored with copics.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh my word, she's so very precious Jan!! I adore the colors and your layout is awesome! :) Thank you so much for joining us at the Belles 'n Whistles challenge!! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year friend!! BIG HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable! So refreshing to see something other than Christmas colors. I love the colors you chose to use! Beautifully done! I'm sorry it's taken me so long to stop by. Thanks so much for joining in on the BnW "New Year" Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Lynda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the tans and creams on this card. That image is too cute. How creative to use her for a New Year's card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I really like the earthy colors and your adorable image!
    Thanks so much for playing along with us at Belles and Whistles.
    :)Kathy

    ReplyDelete